Wednesday, October 08, 2008

should i get a blue ribbon already?

i can't put this on the recipes section because i just sort of put them together and dropped it on the pan but yeah, it went well naman.

i've been craving for chicken cordon bleu for sometime now and since i've gotten so kuripot about eating out already i decided to make my own. i googled the recipe and found so many ways of making it i just chose the simplest, most realistic for me to do.

for one, the chicken breast was supposed to be pounded by a mallet but i don't have one so used i the sides of my ceramic saucer hehe...

i sliced it in half leaving just some space for me to stuff ham and some cheese. i added a little mayonnaise just for some tangy taste. others suggest mustard but i don't really like its taste. using catsup would prove to be too tacky.

i dipped it in some beaten egg, and sprinkled it with ajinomoto crispy fry because i'm so tamad to mix my own breading. oh, i added parmesan cheese on my breading just for some effect.

i don't have a deep fryer so i just used my one and only non-stick pan and fried it in low heat just to make sure that the insides gets cooked as well.

i laid it on some paper towels just like what they do in those cooking shows to let excess oil drip. and voila, i had my very own chicken cordon bleu!!

i know there's supposed to be some sort of sauce for this but i dunno how to do it anymore. besides dagdag calories lang yan di ba?

2 comments:

  1. natawa talaga ako sa part na

    "was supposed to be pounded by a mallet but i don't have one so used i the sides of my ceramic saucer hehe..."

    sana may video ka LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha video ba? sige next time gawa na ko ng cooking demo haha!

    ReplyDelete